Secured Login Page Type
A Secured login page creates a secured access area on your website. It requires users to login to get to any subcategories underneath this page.
Creating a Secured Login Page
1) Click on Manage Your Site.
2) Click on Add or Remove a Webpage.
3) Scroll down to Changing your Main Pages.
4) Add a page that you will use for your Secured Login page.
You can name it “Secure Login” or anything else you want.
5) Click on Manage Your Site.
6) Click on Body.
7) In the drop down menu where it says “You are currently changing the _____ page” select the page that you created previously.
8) Scroll below the Page Selection Box where it says “You are currently editing a Standard page and click on Change Page Type.
This will take you to a screen that shows you the different page types.
9) Find the Secured Page Type and click the Change link to the right of it.
You will be taken back to the editing page. The only differences you may notice, is that it now says you are editing a Secured Page and there is only one paragraph to edit. This Intro Paragraph allows you to explain what pages this screen gives you access to and how to obtain a login and password.
Granting Access to Secured Login Page
10) Scroll down to User Access Management and click on User Groups.
11) Click Add.
12) In User Group Name type the name of your new group. Then click Add User Group.
(We used Authorized Users)
If you make a mistake or wish to remove the group, just check the box next to the group name and click delete.
13) Click on Users.
14) Click Add.
15) Type in a Username and password. Then check the box to add it to your new group. Finally, click Add User.
If you make a mistake or wish to remove the user, just check the box next to the user name and click delete.
16) Click Secure Login.
17) Check the box next to the group name and click update.
Congratulations! You have setup a Secured Login page and setup up a group with your first username and password! Note however, this is only useful if the Secure Login Page has Sub Pages for you to login to.
Adding a Secure Sub Page
18) Click on Manage Your Site.
19) Click on Add or Remove a Webpage.
20) Scroll down to Changing your Sub Pages.
21) Select your Secured Login Page from the drop down menu.
22) Add a page you want Users to have to login to use.
23) Click on Manage Your Site.
24) Click on Body.
25) In the drop down menu where it says “You are currently changing the _____ page” select the page that you just created.
26) Edit the page how you want. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click update.
You have now setup a secured sub page.
To view it, Click View WebSite.
Then click the name of the new page (in our case Secure Login) and you will see your new page with the secure login form.
To login just type in your new user name and password.
You will get a greeting message. Notice you can now see the secure page. Click on the link.
You can now view the page you created.
It is important to realize the potential of using Secured Login pages. You can have multiple secured login pages. You can have sub pages of sub pages (simply disable the page and link to it from the real sub page). This can allow you to setup various members’ only sites. Maybe, you want to create a special discount area for certain customers. Different product and prices based on whether you are conducting a business, personal, or educational transaction. You are really only limited by your creativity.